Digital Media Planner
Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) is not your typical ad agency. We ranked #3 out of 50 companies in Outside Magazine's famed "Best Places to Work" list. We were named one of the best small agencies of 2011 by Advertising Age. Our fun culture, love of "living well," enviable Boulder location, passion for great work, and giving back to our community make SRG a great place to be every day.
We are a 130+ person integrated marketing firm. From developing international websites and advertising campaigns to crafting digital strategies for emerging media, Sterling-Rice Group is uniquely skilled at growing brand equity in both the physical and virtual worlds. Join our unique culture, which fuses strategy, innovation, and creativity.
The Digital Media Planner has responsibility for developing, implementing, and optimizing online strategies and initiatives for a variety of clients.
• Integrates digital media with offline advertising and marketing programs
• Develops buying strategies for maximizing media dollars, and handles media RFPs and negotiations
• Writes online media plan recommendations and point-of-views across a wide array of opportunities
• Creates and manages media flowcharts, client media authorizations, billing and all media vendor contracts
• Utilizes research to develop target audiences and media recommendations - analyzes at a sophisticated level (@Plan, ComScore, Google AdPlanner, Google Analytics)
• Consults and provides POV guidance across variety of social and earned media opportunities, including ways in which they can be connected with paid media opportunities
• Works closely with creative and production teams to sure efficiencies with campaign pre-planning (aligning creative vision and assets with media plan) as well as campaign execution (timeliness of all asset delivery and ensuring full functionality of all deliverables)
• Seeks out and shares emerging media and relevant advertising opportunities with the media department and client teams
• Strategizes ways to most effectively use Internet and other digital media dollars to the greatest benefit for our clients
• Recommends online media budgets, supervises media billing, manages reconciliation, and all budget reporting as requested
• Works closely with media supervisor, account team/client throughout online campaigns to monitor, report and optimize performance, resolving any performance issues
• Understands various tracking services and can build campaigns, traffic and track them for reporting purposes
• Analyze tracking results and write detailed campaign reports
• Fields incoming proposals / phone calls from various vendors
• Strategically manage a junior paid search specialist
• Supervise and mentor a junior team, who execute trafficking, billing, reporting functions
3 - 4 years of online media planning/buying experience. Good writing and presentation skills, Strong negotiation skills, Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Experience using DoubleClick/Dart and/or AtlasDMT adserving technologies
- Experience with online research tools including Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, ComScore, Google Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with offline media concepts
- Working knowledge of basic “media math” and negotiations tools including but not limited to: CPM/CPA/CPC modeling, ROI forecasting, cost negotiation and budgeting
- Google Analytics, comScore a Plus
- Strong personal case studies of attention to detail and analytical thinking skills
In return for your talents, we offer you a team of smart and creative professionals in an environment where people are encouraged to both work hard and have fun. We’re also located in Boulder, Colorado, one of the best places to live in the United States. Top that off with outstanding benefits and a competitive salary, and you’ll find a company that’s hard to beat. For more information, check our website at www.srg.com.
Do you have what it takes to join our team? If so, please click on the attached link to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1306181